Through the Vertically Integrated Projects (VIP) Industry Affiliates Program, companies and government entities will be able to support VIP teams. The industry affiliate will choose which team(s) it would like to be involved with and provides funding for student support (per academic year, per team). As student support, no deliverables can be specified. In turn, all funding goes to the team, with no indirect costs.
Unless restricted by the funding source, funds can be used on:
- Equipment and materials
- Student travel
- Printing/fabrication services (team polos, etc.)
- Student wages
- Food for team events
Because the funds are for student support, they cannot be used for instructor salaries. Other items for instructors to note:
- No overhead is charged.
- Fringe benefits apply, if relevant.
- Expenditures must comply with UArizona purchasing policies and procedures.
Parameters on the gifts:
- No direct benefits to the funding source or contractual requirements/deliverables can be specified.
- The funding source may not dictate research activities.
- There is no intellectual property assignment to the sponsor.
- No confidential information.
For more information on the Affiliates Program, please contact Matt Peters at email@example.com.