VIP Consortium 2021 Innovation Competition
The VIP Consortium Innovation Competition provides a forum for VIP teams from around the world to showcase their work and be recognized for their accomplishments. VIP teams from any of the 40 institutions that are part of the VIP Consortium are eligible to enter the competition.
Each competing VIP team is asked to prepare a brief presentation about their project (no more than
six minutes long) addressing the following categories and “Heilmeier” questions:
- What are you trying to do? Articulate your objectives using absolutely no jargon.
- How is it done today, and what are the limits of current practice?
- What is new in your approach and why do you think it will be successful?
- Who cares and why?
- If you are successful, what difference will it make?
- What are the risks?
- How much will it cost?
- How long will it take?
- What are the mid-term and final criteria for success?
For entry rules and more information on judging rubrics, please see the full guidelines here: